Empreende XXI is a program that helps you create, develop and finance your new business project. If you want to develop your project, this program might be a good option for you. This is a program developed by IEFP, in partnership with Startup Portugal. Applications are now closed.
- Any person registered with the IEFP who has an economically and financially viable business idea, over the age of 18.
- Be enrolled in the IEFP;
- Be over 18 years old;
- Have the contributory status regularized before the Tax and Customs Authority and Social Security;
- Not in default with regard to financial support granted by the IEFP;
Have the situation regularized in terms of refunds under the European Structural and Investment Funds;
- National citizens of European Union countries may apply, provided they meet the requirements mentioned in the previous points and have a residence registration certificate and valid identification document (identity card or passport);
- Non-national citizens can apply, as long as they have a title that allows them to reside or stay in Portugal and that enables them to register as job candidates.
- Present economic and financial viability, measured through the preparation of an investment financing plan and financial statements;
- Submit a funding request to the IEFP of no more than 85% of a maximum of 200,000 euros (the project may, however, exceed this total amount);
- Do not include, in the investment to be made, the purchase of share capital in an existing company;
- Projects must maintain the company’s activity and ensure the creation of the respective full-time job for the promoters receiving support, except in cases where a part-time job has been approved by the IEFP, for a period of no less than two years, counted from the date of signature of the acceptance term.