Empreende XXI is the program that will help you create, develop and finance your new business project. If you are looking to develop your project, this program can be a great fit for you. This is a program developed by Startup Portugal and IEFP - Instituto do Emprego e Formação Profissional.
- Young people looking for their first job enrolled in the IEFP;
- Unemployed enrolled in the IEFP;
- Unemployed who meet the conditions to be recipients of the Support measure for the Return of Emigrants to Portugal and their respective family members;
- Former trainees of the Arts and Crafts Training Axis.
- To be enrolled in the IEFP (as unemployed);
- Be over 18 years old;
- Have the contributory situation regularized before the Tax and Customs Authority and Social Security;
- Not being in default with respect to financial support granted by the IEFP;
- Have the situation in terms of refunds under the European Structural and Investment Funds regularized;
- Nationals of European Union countries , as long as they meet the requirements mentioned in the previous points and have a certificate of residence registration and a valid identification document (identity card or passport)
- Non-national citizens can apply, as long as they have a title that allows them to reside or stay in Portugal and that enable them to register as job seekers.
- Submit a total investment of up to €175,000;
- Present economic and financial feasibility, measured through the preparation of an investment financing plan and financial maps;
- Do not include, in the investment to be made, the purchase of share capital from an existing company;
- Projects must maintain the company’s activity and ensure the creation of the respective full-time job of the recipients who are the subject of support, except in cases where a part-time job has been approved by the IEFP, for a period of not less than three years, counted from the date of signature of the acceptance term.