Recognition of Startup and Scale Up Status
The Law no. 21/2023, of May 25th, has defined the legal concepts of startup and scale up and has established the regime of recognizing such status. Here you can find out everything on how to recognize the status of your startup or scale up.
How do I get my startup recognized?
1. Accessing the Single Public Services Portal
Go to eportugal.gov.pt and search for Startup and Scale Up Status.
2. Fill in the Form and Submit the Application
3. Issuing the certificate
- Declaration of commencement of activity;
- IES Declaration;
- Permanent Certificate;
- Have one of the following documents:
- I-D Seal or Recognition of companies in the technology sector from ANI;
- or documentary proof from IAPMEI or CMVM that you have received a round of funding from a venture capital, venture capital or business angel;
- or documentary proof of investment by BPF;
- Tech Visa certification (in the case of Scale Up recognition).